What is jade rolling?
Jade rolling is a centuries old beauty ritual that is evidenced to being used as far back as 7th century china as well as by the Mayans and Egyptians as a massage and meditation tool over 5000 years ago. Jade rollers are made of an oblong piece of jade attached to a handle which allows you to roll the stone across your face in order to help depuff (via manual lymph drainage), allow for increased product penetration, sooth and smooth the skin. As with most beauty routines it’s the simplicity and efficacy of jade rolling that has allowed it to stand the test of time.
Why to do it..
– Increases circulation: The action of jade rolling increases blood flow in the skin. This increase in flow results in the detoxifying of the skin, and can lead to increased vibrancy, clarity, and a radiant complexion. The saying “no flow, no glow” has been used to describe this attribute of jade rolling.
– Increased blood flow helps tone facial muscles to contour the face and smooth wrinkles.
– In the same way your body feels refreshed after cardio, Jade rolling will have the same effect on the facial muscles.
– The lymph draining action and inherent coolness of jade rolling helps to defpuff and detoxify the skin as well as reduce the appearance of darkness under the eyes: Proper Jade rolling technique is a form of manual lymph drainage massage and helps to rid the body of waste, toxins and other unwanted materials via the lymphatic system.
– Calm and soothe. Jade is a naturally cooling stone and will help calm and soothe the skin. Place rollers in the fridge for a few minutes before rolling for added cooling/depuffing benefits. Kind of like putting cucumbers over your eyes but soooooooo much better!
– Help serums penetrate more effectively into the skin: Warm the rollers in warm water then roll over any serum to help the product penetrate more deeply into the skin.
Attributes of jade:
Jade is believed to relax the nervous system, help discharge toxins in the body and is said to increase chi, a revitalizing energy in the body.
Visit the shop for a tutorial on how to use this amazing skincare tool!
Share this story